Can You Find it? Sewing Box is a 1:1 cognitive and reminiscence activity for the person living with the early to mid stages of dementia.
This portable plastic box of fabrics and haberdashery items is a resource for sorting and identification, utilising word and number recognition, recognition of familiar objects that may aid conversation and reminiscence around a familiar hobby of sewing or dressmaking.
Items include : (note: content colours, fabrics etc vary from box to box)
- 6 x fabric pieces of various textures and colours,
- 5 x laces of various widths and colours,
- two pieces of elastic,
- selection of buttons in different sizes and colours,
- piece of bias binding
- piece of ricrac,
- skein of embroidery thread,
- pin cushion,
- five spools of thread of various sizes and colours,
- tape measure,
- needle threader,
- packet of needles
- wheel of pins (safely secured to prevent injury)
- belt buckle or thimble
- instructions card with ideas for selecting, sorting and matching items
- 12 x laminated sorting and matching sheets to use with the objects in a higher level activity.
Item Code: GCYFSB