An activity scarf that has been designed for the person living with dementia who is restless and fidgety. Wrapped around the neck, the Activity “Scarf-e” comes with a starter pack consisting of four removable activities to engage the wearer. It may also be laid in the lap. Able to be laundered with objects removed.
A valuable resource for a carer at home or in an aged care facility to help divert, create easy conversations, reduce anxiety and engage in meaningful activities for the person.
Other ways to use the Activity “Scarf-e” with the person include travelling in the car, bus, or train; waiting for doctor’s appointments and going out for a meal.
- Wool scarf-e
- 6 tethers and clasps for attaching activities
- 1 x tactile round wooden puzzle
- 1 x set of visual inspirational cards
- 1 x cognitive activity – Winding and weaving on silicone spinifex item for relaxation
- 1 x set of 4 Assorted Photo’s to help interaction and invoke reminiscence stories
- Add two additional personal items as desired